Monday 3 March 2014

Return to Rasta and winter

I'm back to just blogging about once a week. My life isn't exciting enough to write more often than that. Palm Springs was constantly about 70 to 80 degrees and mostly sunny throughout the days and then cool at night. No humidity. Pretty well perfect. We left just in time as they had torrential rains, mudslides and flooding in parts of California within days of my leaving.
In contrast it is still very definitely winter here, in Southern Ontario.
These crystal clear days are also usually brutally cold. Minus 17 when I took this picture.
 So, aside from the daily shovelling (actually 'chipping' away at the icy mess) on the back deck, I have been staying inside and getting re-acquainted with Rasta who stayed with Mum and Dad and then Simon and Dan, while I was away.
Rasta is a Poly-dactyl cat and Chris, who visited this weekend, kept getting "creeped out" by his paws.

His right front paw has a second mini (3 pads, 3 claws) paw on the side of his regular one.
His left front paw just has one extra pad and claw, like a thumb.
His back paws are normal.
Luckily he's very good about having his claws clipped, as there are more than you usually have to deal with and I want to try and save the leather furniture.
This is how he spends his days:
Looking innocent ("No really, I'm not thinking of  batting the plants in this pot
and digging in the dirt")
Sleeping
And still more sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment