Tuesday 20 October 2015

Fall walk on the beach and Introducing Ruby.

Fall is fabulous at Long Point. The beach is almost empty of people and the weather is still comfortable (though often very windy). Herons and Canada Geese take over along with the occasional Bald Eagle. Walking the beach is lovely:
I have lots of blurry pictures of these little guys skittering away. Sanderlings
.
But I did manage to get a couple of good ones.
I guess even little wading birds get an itch over the eye.
Windy day, so this was the other wildlife.
Crazy!
Walking East on to the Provincial Park beach and then back over the dunes brings you to the day use parking lot. At this time of year it is full of campers, here for the duck hunting season.
Morning and evening I can hear the gunshots.
All those lighthouses in Maine and I have one just a short walk away although now
it is a cottage not an active light.
Si, Dan and Fi have a new puppy, Ruby, and last weekend we introduced her to the beach:
She kept sniffing at the sand, getting it on her nose, licking it off, coughing (not a fast learner but
then there was no food involved)

She and Fiona ran on the beach and she certainly loved the open space.
Not sure about the water, she had to be coaxed in.
"Oh no I don't really like that"
"I'm out of here"
"It's fun though"
She's a Lab. I have no doubt that once she gets the hang of it she will spend
most of her time here, in the water.
Rasta's nose was a bit out of joint with Ruby invading his space but quickly re-established ownership once she left.
His way of stopping me from using the tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment