Friday 24 March 2017

Mallorca Day 53 - Rain, rain

Rain was in the forecast, it was accurate!
Boat missing at the wharf, so you can see the rain drops in the water. It started out drizzling and then moved to pouring. I had decided to wait for it to slow down before going grocery shopping but it only got worse, so out I went.
There's the missing boat, up on the hard. There a number of this brand of boat at the docks here, based on the Llaut hull design but a cabin cruiser.
The shopping street where we grocery shop. There is also a fishmongers on this street, a coffee shop, bar,  Chinese and Indian restaurants, souvenir shop, a couple of clothing retailers, a shoe store and a 2nd small grocery store.
Luckily the apartment has a couple of umbrellas provided. The dockside restaurants are almost all empty, cushions taken in from the chairs, umbrellas up for some protection, waiters hovering in their doorways and people huddled in the small interiors. The only restaurant with any action has a roof extended over the outside area and gas fireplaces burning, looks cosy.
Clouds low over the surrounding hills. It went from pouring to "bucketing it down". A day to stay inside.
Aside from the weather I also spent the day inside to arrange to come home sooner than planned. My sister in law is very ill and I need to be there to help as she has no other family than Christine, Michael and I. Christine has been doing what she can but has also just started a new job. So I have been able to arrange to leave on Monday. I have cancelled my follow up trip to Valencia and Bilbao and will probably make that trip after my Mallorca holiday next year.

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything is ok! Let me know if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you had to come home early - I was trying as best as I could. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete